Pages

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Works for me Wednesday: Getting blood and ketchup stains out of clothing

I know some of you may already know this tip, but I know others may benefit from it. An old tip I learned from working at the hospital for so long is that peroxide takes blood stains out of clothes.

It also will take out ketchup stains. For those of us with little ones, this is a wonderful thing to know since they tend to spill ketchup on themselves as often as possible.

What you do is pour some peroxide on the stain, let it bubble for awhile, and then blot off. Repeat until there is no more bubbling and the stain is faded enough. You can then treat it as you would any other stain and wash as normal.

I always treat with a little spray and wash, then take a bit of my liquid laundry detergent, and put it directly on the stain. I then take my laundry scrubbing brush to get it in really good. It works every time. I do have a recipe I shared, here, that tells how to get out stains that just won't come out any other way. Hope this helps someone because it has worked for me many times over!

For more Works for me Wednesday tips, visit Rocks in my Dryer.

8 comments:

Nicole said...

thanks for the tip. I never knew that so I will have to try it now.

Anonymous said...

Great tip ill have to save this!!

Heather Hernandez said...

Great tip - I'll be keeping this one handy with two boys about to get into the playin' dirty stage of boyhood.

Kelly @ Growing.Learning.Playing. said...

Peroxide. I love it! When I discovered it took out blood, that sold me! Great tips!

Cainan & Ryker said...

I've been usinig peroxide to remove blood stains for several years. I didn't think about using it for ketchup too. Great idea!

Niki Jolene said...

Get out of town! I had no idea!

Thanks for sharing!


:)

Anonymous said...

I don't know why I didn't know that! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

This definitely works! I fell when I was younger and got a big gash on my head and there was blood all over the front of my pants (literally...I had something like 20 stitches; it was a bad gash) and all of it came out with peroxide!