Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

Suzy Homemeaker Bakes Bread

Now, everyone calls me "Suzy homemaker," since I love to cook and sew. People just seem amazed when I tell them that I love to bake bread. If you too are amazed, then this post is for you. Here I will show all my secrets to making a wonderful loaf of honey wheat bread.

The first secret, is to start out with a good recipe. I love this one from Tammy's recipes . It really is a great tasting bread. Especially right out of the oven with a big pat of butter on top. Oh so yummy!

Next secret is to gather all the ingredients you'll need. This will take about 1 minute of your time.



The next secret, after you have gotten all of your ingredients out, is to put them into a wonderful invention called a bread machine! Now, if you are really ambitious you can knead it by hand. But watch how easy my way is. To further convince you, I have asked my 12 yo daughter, Little Bit, to bake the bread today. Now mind you, she has never done this before. I think it took her right at about 2 minutes to dump the ingredients in.



Next, put the loaf pan into the bread machine.



And push the start button.



After the bread machine is done, voila, you have a healthier, lower cost, and better tasting bread than you will find in the store.


After all that hard work, sit down and grab a big glass of iced tea. You deserve it, right?!


Ok, with this post I was kind of being funny, but a little serious too. I know most people do not bake their own bread at home, except for some of my momys friends, you know who you are. It is seen as something of the past. I really just wanted to show how easy it can be. Oh, and little bit asked me if she could do this more often. Cost of making a loaf of bread $.42, spending time with your daughter, priceless!

[Confession alert: I just do my dough in the bread machine. I don't use it for the whole cooking process. I like the shape the bread comes out in the loaf pan, it stretches enough to feed my brood. I let it rise in a loaf pan for 20 minutes and bake it in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. It is perfectly fine to do the whole thing in the bread machine though.]

4 comments:

Jodie said...

Ohhhh is there anything better than fresh-baked bread?! I daresay there is not. ;)

Mrs. Taft said...

This post cracked me right up! And the bread made me hungry...hmmm...

Lori Dupre Jackson said...

Okay, Theresa...I just made this bread. WHOA. I am shocked at how good it is...and super easy. I did it the way you did it (b/c I usually don't like the consistency of machine bread). It was AWESOME!

I'm going to post about it on my blog later...it was THAT good.

Teresa said...

Yay, i'm glad you liked it! It's so easy to do, isn't it?