Pages

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Menu Planning Monday: Spent $60.00 again!


This is a great week because we are able to splurge on a shrimp dish, since we were able to get the shrimp for a steal. We also have a birthday party for Baby B this Saturday, so we are grilling out on Saturday.

I just wanted to show you all that you can eat great, splurge sometimes, and still come under budget. My current weekly budget is $75.00 a week. I now have $15.00 this week to spend on any great deals I see. I'm able to keep my budget lower since I stockpile with my leftover money.

Breakfast:
Monday: Waffles and fruit
Tuesday: Oatmeal and sausage
Wednesday: Omelettes and fruit
Thursday: Muffins and Sausage
Friday: French Toast sticks
Saturday: Eggs, biscuits, and a meat
Sunday: Country ham and gravy over biscuits

Lunch:
Monday: Sandwiches and a side veggie--->either raw or cooked
Tuesday: Ham, mac & cheese, and a veggie
Wednesday: Homemade tomato soup
Thursday: Grilled cheese sandwiches and fruit
Friday: Leftovers or quesidillas if we have no leftovers
Sat and Sun: We either eat leftovers, or a salad, or sandwiches

Snacks:
Monday: Carrots and ranch dressing
Tuesday: Fruit
Wednesday: Banana Bread or homemade bread drizzled with butter and honey
Thursday: celery and ranch or peanut butter
Friday: Tortilla wraps---> I usually fill them with pizza sauce and cheese, which the kids call "mini pizzas", or peanut butter, banana, and honey

Dinner:
Monday:
Carrots and broccoli
Yeast rolls

Tuesday:
Shrimp fettucinni
Salad

Mashed potatoes
Green beans

Baked squash and zucchini
Garlic bread

Friday:
Pizza night
Cheesebread

Saturday: Baby B's 2nd birthday!
Grilled burgers and hot dogs
Chips
Banana pudding

Sunday:
Eggplant parmesan




10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic menu plan. Looks like a great week. Happy MPM!

Anonymous said...

You do so great sticking to your budget! I am trying this month and I barely scraped by this week! My budget is 87.50 per week this month for a family of 5 and it includes drugstores, dollar stores, 7-11 stops, etc. I've never kept track of those before and I see how fast they add to the budget!

I'm not sure why, but I haven't had an omelette in the longest time! I saw it in your post and remembered how good they are! I may have to whip up one of those in the morning!

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

Nicole said...

OOH eggplant parmasean. A favorite of mine. Do you parboil or fry your eggplant?

Anonymous said...

YUM! I love sticky chicken.

I love that you list B, L & D!

Have a great week!
Amanda

The Estrogen Files said...

Wow! I have a budget a bit higher for a family of 6, and I include all the other "stuff" (soaps, cleaners, TP, etc). Do you?

That sticky chicken looks great! Have a wonderful week.

Teresa said...

cajunchic, we fry ours. I love our recipe since it's so easy to do!

The estrogen files, I do include everything in that budget. I shop at CVS and Walgreen's though, so I get them free there.

Nicole said...

What a great menu! I've had the sticky chicken before and it's soooo good. :)

Canadian Saver said...

Your menu looks great! You are sooo organized! Great job :-)

Anonymous said...

Teach me please...how do you get things free at Walgreen's and CVS?

Teresa said...

anonymous, I have a post under my $300 a month grocery budget series that explains everything you need to know about CVS and Walgreens. You can also go to moneysavingmom.com. She has tutorials posted there that explains everything as well. It really is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Good luck and happy shopping!