Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Menu Planning Monday: $60 week!

I have noticed that my trend of spending $60.00 has stayed for awhile now. I have no intentions of dropping my budget though. I will just continue to stock up as I can. It is nice to know that I could drop it even further if I had to.


This is my kick off post for a glimpse into my frugal lifestyle. This week I plan to focus on how we, as a family, practice frugality. It will give you a peek into our life, and how we make things work here with less money than many people live on with a much smaller family. Stay tuned, as it should be an interesting week!

Breakfast:
Monday: Baked Oatmeal
Tuesday: Waffles and sausage
Wednesday: Omelettes and strawberries
Thursday: Muffins and Sausage
Friday: French Toast
Saturday: Eggs, biscuits, and a meat
Sunday: Country ham and gravy over biscuits

Lunch:
Monday: Sandwiches and a side veggie--->either raw or cooked
Tuesday: Ham, mac & cheese, and a veggie
Wednesday: Homemade tomato soup
Thursday: Grilled cheese sandwiches and fruit
Friday: Leftovers or quesidillas if we have no leftovers
Sat and Sun: We either eat leftovers, or a salad, or sandwiches

Snacks:
Monday: Strawberry Shortcake--->yum!
Tuesday: Fruit
Wednesday: Banana Bread or homemade bread drizzled with butter and honey
Thursday: celery and ranch or peanut butter
Friday: Tortilla wraps---> I usually fill them with pizza sauce and cheese, which the kids call "mini pizzas", or peanut butter, banana, and honey

Dinner:
Monday:

Tuesday:
Broiled Tilapia
Grilled vegetables
Yeast rolls

Wednesday:--->This was supposed to be last week!
Homemade mashed potatoes
Green beans

Thursday:
Chicken and Stuffing
Corn

Friday:
Pizza night
Cheesebread

Saturday:
Meat and Potatoes
Corn
Yeast rolls

Sunday:
Green beans
Garlic bread

For more great menus head over to Menu Planning Monday's, hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie.

7 comments:

Kate said...

Yum, as always! And what an exciting week it's going to be on your blog. I can't wait to read all of your posts! Great idea for a series.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm in awe! Way to go! I can't imagine spending only $60 a week on groceries, you are my hero!!!

Anonymous said...

There was some Tilapia in the reduced cabinet at the supermarket last week, but I'm the only one in our family who will eat whole fish, so I didn't get it.

A Juggling Mum said...

Great menu, everything sounds so good :) Thanks for the recipes!

Have a great week!

Rachel xxx
A Juggling Mum

PS - I have a competition running at the moment for a free blog design. If you win you can use it yourself or give it to a friend :)

Niki Jolene said...

It all sounds good!

We've been chowing down on bread with honey lately, too.


:)

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to reading through your blog. My husband and I are both in the construction industry and our income has been greatly effected by the housing market. We are working on adapting to a more frugal lifestyle then we were currently used to and I am always looking for hints and tips and words of advice from people who live that way.

A Simple Wife said...

Thanks for visiting my menu for this week and commenting!

And grocery prices. Ugh. In the past month or so I've been thinking I need to restart my price book just to keep up with the price changes. The prices that I KNEW are all outdated now. It wasn't too long ago that I would NEVER pay more than $2.25/lb for any meat except salmon. Now it seems I'm luck if I can FIND meat that costs less than $3/lb! And when did eggs start costing $2.50-3 a dozen?? Ouch.

Also? I love your menu! I'll have to come back and borrow a few ideas. Do you have any particular recipe for baked oatmeal?

And any tips on how to get an 11-year-old to actually EAT breakfast? LOL

And $60 a week on groceries? Wow. I'm impressed. Does that include soaps, garbage bags, cleaners, toilet paper, etc? Could you please possibly explain HOW you manage to hit $60 a week? I've never been able to do it and would love to have some tips. <3<3