Pages

Monday, May 5, 2008

Menu Planning Monday: Using my stockpile!

We have been so busy lately that I just realized that I forgot that it was time to plan my menu and go grocery shopping. I actually have so much stockpiled that I only have to pick up fresh fruit and veggies. I will spend right about $20.00.

This week will be all about easy meals. We are painting my daughter's room and making a bed for her so we will be busy all week. I love having a handyman husband! I'll be sure to post pictures by the end of the week of the end results.

Next week will be kids choice week around here again. The children all pick a favorite meal. The older ones are in charge of menu planning and making a shopping list. All of the children then get to help mom cook and serve their meal. It is something they all look forward to. Be sure to check back!

Breakfast:
Monday: Waffles
Tuesday: Baked oatmeal
Wednesday: Muffins and sausage
Thursday: Homemade cinnamon rolls
Friday: Pancakes and fruit
Saturday: Eggs, hashbrowns, and a meat
Sunday: Country ham and gravy over biscuits

Lunch:
Monday: Sandwiches and veggie
Tuesday: Hot dogs, mac & cheese, and a veggie
Wednesday: Salad and baked potatoes
Thursday: Sandwiches and fruit
Friday: Leftovers
Sat and Sun: We either eat leftovers, or a salad, or sandwiches

Snacks:
Tuesday: Fruit
Wednesday: Banana Bread or homemade bread drizzled with butter and honey
Thursday: Veggie and cheese tray
Friday: Tortilla wraps---> Filled with peanut butter, banana, and/or honey

Dinner:
Monday:
Lasagna
Green beans in butter sauce

Tuesday:















Crawfish pie
Salad
Corn

Wednesday:
Chinese stirfry
Fried rice
Egg rolls

Thursday:
3 bean chili
Cornbread

Friday:
Homemade pizza rolls

Saturday:--->Supposed to have last week, but was volunteered to make a crawfish etoufee with leftovers from crawfish boil!
Eggplant parmesan
Sauteed squash and zucchini
Yeast rolls
Sunday:
Mother's Day, mom's night off!

For more great menu's, check out Menu Planning Monday, hosted by I'm an Organizing Junkie.

5 comments:

Katrina said...

I'm in awe you are so organised but I do have one question - what is crawfish????

Teresa said...

haha, Katrina! It is a S. Louisiana favorite dish. Think very small lobster.

Kate said...

Ok Teresa, I have to know, what is crawfish pie? I'm picturing a pot pie sort of thing, is that right? It sounds wonderful! I am so jealous of all your crawfish meals. The Michigan regional specialty is cherries, and while I do love them, they are not nearly as good as crawfish!

Anonymous said...

Oh all that crawfish sounds wonderful! I've only had it once or twice, but think it's terrific!

Have a blessed week,

Sherry

http://frugaldomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

Teresa said...

We actually make it in a pie shell. I posted a picture tonight for anyone interested. I can post a recipe, but I don't know how available it is in other areas.

Kate, while I do love cherries too, I have to agree that crawfish is so much better. That is the one great thing about S. Louisiana, they have good food. :-)The weather is horrible, but we eat good!