Pages

Monday, February 25, 2008

A taste of My menu

Menu Planning is near and dear to my heart. It is essential that I plan what we will be eating if I am to stay on my budget. My goal is to still eat a well balanced diet, while saving money. Menu planning helps me do that. It also saves me time, for those of you who think that it might take too much time to do. Time is the one thing I covet the most, being a busy mother of six children.

With that being said, here is a taste of what a typical weekly menu looks like in our house. If you are reading my new series on How I feed my family of 8 for $300 a month, menu planning is one thing I will be covering. So stay tuned!

Monday:
Cheesy chicken vermicelli
Sauteed squash
Fresh herb bread

Tuesday:
3 bean chili
Cornbread

Wednesday:
Spaghetti
Homemade garlic bread

Thursday:
Homemade chicken pot pie
Salad

Friday:
Homemade pizza--->the kids love to make these!
Homemade breadsticks

Saturday:
Mini meatloaf patties
Braised radishes
Cheesy cauliflower casserole

Sunday:
Baked chicken
Potatoes baked in foil, topped with butter, onions, and bell peppers
Salad

3 comments:

Sonshine said...

Oh what a yummy week planned! That cheesy chicken dish sounds really yummy! You have a recipe for that dish that you could share??!

I am going to be bookmarking your blog and coming to read your series on feeding your family of 8 for $300!! I need to feed a family of 7 and would love to find some more "shortcuts" to trimming my grocery budget!

Enjoy your week!

Teresa said...

Sonshine,
Thanks for bookmarking my site.
About the recipe for the cheesy chicken vermicelli, I put a link up to the site I found it from. You can check it out there!

Lora @ my blessed life said...

Mmmm..that chicken pot pie looks really yummy!
Have a great week!