Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Lord, send me...


 
 
I remember as a little girl, somewhere about seven or eight, waking up in the middle of the night. Instead of waking up my parents I turned on the TV. They didn't have all night cartoons back then so I just watched what was on. It was a program about children in different areas of the world who were sick and literally starving to death. I remember just crying and crying until I fell asleep on the couch. I had never seen anything like that before. The next morning I talked to my parents about what I had seen. They tried their best to explain what is difficult for even an adult, but it just haunted me. It was at that point that I decided that I was going to be a doctor in one of those places I had seen and help those children.

Once I gave my heart to the Lord I just knew that I would be a missionary in some remote village. God actually told me that He had called me to missions. I began preparing. In high school I took all the courses I would need that would help me in college to become a doctor or a nurse. I got married, but I still went to college and became an RN. My heart was for foreign missions. I never had another plan or goal, but God did.

It’s funny how we have our lives so planned out, but God has something completely different for us. Fast forward to today. I have been married almost 20 years and have 8 wonderful children. I never did go to that remote village. In fact, until last month I had never even been on a plane. There is something that God showed me though. It was in one of those times where I thought I would never be used by Him. I was just taking care of children and my home.


He showed me that I am a missionary. My mission field has been in my home, my church, and my community. I have been discipling my children and serving where I can.

We are all called to missions. Some of us will go across the world and others will stay here, but we all do our part. Nothing is more important than doing what God has called you to at this time. Being a momma and discipling my children is no less important than traveling to that village to save those children.

Even in learning to be content in what God has called me to be, I have never lost the hope that one day He would let me go. That He would send me. I am happy to say, that last month I was able to go. I traveled with a group of women to Romania to minister at a women's conference. It is a dream that was almost forgotten, but God didn't forget. It is a dream I tucked away in a little corner of my private thoughts never really thinking that it would be possible now that I am a mother of many. I can just see the smile on His face when He was preparing this trip for me.

Be content where God has you, but know that God has placed those dreams in you. I know that I am whole heartily praying that He will allow me to go back one day very soon!



- Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are correct. Yes.
I am a homemaker for 28 years and a mother for 26 years, and have had the exact same Word from God as you have written here. Only what you have written today, I could have written over 2 decades ago, when the Lord first gave it to me. Reading your message is a ditto in my heart. Amen. God bless you.
Glory to God for all He has done with our testimonies and lives in service of love for Him. Amen! There is much to tell of.