Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Works for me Wednesday: How to hang a picture in the perfect spot

I've always had a hard time in the past hanging something on the wall in just the right place. I would pick out a spot and then when all was said and done I would find that either the picture was too high or too low.


Well one day, after listening to me complaining about how a new mirror I just bought was hung too low, my ingenious husband came up with a great idea on how to solve my problem.

To do this the first thing he does is to stick a thumb tack through a piece of masking tape, (sticky side facing the tack). Next he then tapes it onto the picture. You now have the thumb tack sticking out facing you. We then pick out a perfect spot for our picture on the wall. He then pushes the picture against the wall right in the spot we chose, (this sticks the tack into the wall), and pulls it right back out. It leaves a tiny hole in the wall, obviously. After that he hammers a nail right into the tiny hole he just made and then hangs the picture. Voila, now my pictures are in the perfect spot every time.

For more Works For Me Wednesday posts be sure to visit Shannon's blog, Rocks In My Dryer.


11 comments:

Blue Castle said...

Genius! Love this tip. Thanks for sharing. :)

Flowerpot said...

That's a great idea! I'm totally borrowing this idea.

Jendeis said...

What a fantastic idea! Will be using it from now on.

Kris said...

Why didn't I think of that! so simple! Thanks for the tip!

Jenny said...

Great idea! I still have lots of pictures to hang...I'm definitely trying this! Thanks so much!

AmyK said...

So simple and yet perfect! LOVE IT!

Veggiemomof2 said...

Great tip!

Wani said...

wow... its one of those things where you gotta say "why didn't I think of that"!! So simple and such a help! THanks!

Jerralea said...

I could have used this tip a couple weeks ago. We repainted our living room and really had a bear of a time re-hanging our pictures over the couch!

Next time, I'll know ... if I can remember it!

Amy said...

I LOVE this idea!! I have a few pictures to hang and was just thinking about it today! What great timing for this post.

Cajunchic said...

I definitely still want to get coffee tonight. What time is good for you? Give me a call on Earl's cell or if you are going to the picnic then I will talk to you there.