Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

It's official....

I'm exhausted. Yes, this supermom is just plain ol' worn out. The middle of night feedings, broken bones, illness, hurricanes, and now surgery this morning on the before mentioned broken bone have all taken their toll. Life happens at times.

Although this is a tough season I still find rest in my Lord. I draw strength and comfort from God's word.

Matthew 11:28-30 28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

I was reading a book to the younger children the other night before bed. It is a book by Max Lucado named, You Are Special. It is about a wood carver who has made a village of wooden people. One little wooden person cannot do anything special so he has no self worth. By visiting with his maker everyday he learns how much his maker loves him and just how special he is. While my issue is not with self worth, I was reminded that when I meet with my maker I find rest and peace. God can even use a children's book to give encouragement when you need it.

So, for all you locals who know me personally, I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I am ok, I am just busy taking care of life right now.

Oh, Rebekah did fine during her surgery. She is just in quite a bit of pain right now. We are trying to keep her as comfortable as possible. Just praying that her finger will be healed after this. Love you all.

5 comments:

Southerner said...

We did a reenactment(?) at a Womens Retreat of You Are Special years ago. I love that book. Hope you have a good rest period after surgery. God bless!

Dani said...

I am still praying for you. I hope that life gives you a little break of rest and relaxation soon.

Kim said...

We have that book and my kids love it.

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Dani, thanks! I'm actually getting a bit of break now. We are visitng family in Tx right now. They have a huge outdoor kitchen and a hot tub that we have been making use of. :-)

Kate said...

You and your family are in our prayers Teresa. I hope your life starts slowing down soon. In the meantime, what a wonderful verse to cling to!