Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Hurricane Gustav

We've been out of commission here for awhile. Hurricane Gustav decided to pay a little visit. We had lots to do to prepare beforehand. We were going to leave, but decided to stick it out. The kids were scared, but we kept them occupied with new board games and color books. We fared out really well compared to alot of people here. We just have to fix our fence that we lost and our master bathroom window.

I am happy to report that although shaken and quite irate, all of our chickens made it through just fine. In protest though, they decided not to give us any eggs for a few days. After we gave them fresh shavings, food and water I think they may have calmed down a bit. We are slowly starting to get eggs again. If I didn't know any better, I would think that the children were more concerned for the chicken's safety than our own.

It is actually a beautiful day here today so i'm hoping that we'll dry out and get some more work done. I need that fence back up so that I can let the kids out in the yard again. We all are tired from a long week.

In other news, we are getting Beka's cast off today. Hopefully the finger will have healed and won't need to be re-casted. I know the other children are ecstatic since she has discovered that it can be used as a weapon. Her new nickname is "the club".

Hopefully soon i'll be able to get back to blogging on a regular basis.

3 comments:

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Glad you guys are safe.

Anonymous said...

I thought something was up. I get on everyday and thought .....well maybe it wasn't just a broken arm!
So glad you a safe and back to blogging!
Kelley

fawndear said...

Sooo glad you guys made it through.
And best wishes on a positive results for 'The Club'.