Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Don't know whether to laugh or cry

Our trip to visit family in Houston has been great so far. We have been enjoying their outdoor kitchen, sitting in the jacuzzi, and visiting with family. It's been really nice. That is until we heard the news that hurricane Ike has decided to follow us here.

We have been following the news and were so sure that Ike was headed south of here so we decided to stay. Now the county we are in is talking about mandatory evacuations tomorrow. We are actually considering staying put here if the road conditions are like they were for Rita. Evacuating the Houston area is a disaster waiting to happen.

So now, either our trip will be cut short, if we can even leave, or we will be going through yet another hurricane. God be with us. Please pray that we will be safe whatever decision we make.

7 comments:

Dani said...

I hope which ever choice you guys decide on that you stay safe and protected.

Luke said...

Lord, give wisdom and safety to Teresa and her family as they decide the best course of action to take. Amen.

~Luke

The Bayou Belles and Their Beau said...

Stay safe.

Marnie said...

Praying for wisdom to make the best choice for your family. Also for a renewng of your spirit and physical strength.

Cat said...

Praying for your family's safety tonight.

Mrs. Sprinkles said...

You've been tagged!

Cajunchic said...

Thanks so much for the comment on my blog. It really helps more than you can imagine. I was thinking of trying to get a few people together to go get coffee on Friday night just to get away for a little while. do you think you could join us?