Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Works for me Wednesday: Some of my easiest recipes!

This week is the Five-Ingredients-Or-Less recipe edition of Works for me Wednesday. I am excited about this week since I am always on the lookout for easy and delicious recipes.

I have a very simple recipe I want to share that only takes me about 1 minute to prepare. You really can't get any easier than that. This is the recipe that I save for busy nights that I know I won't have time to cook a complex meal. My recipe is for crockpot chicken. I have been making this for many years now and have added just a few ingedients to make it taste even better.

Crockpot Chicken:
1 whole chicken---> For those of you who gross out over chicken bones you can use boneless breasts. You just have to cook it until you can pull it apart with a fork.
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup or cheddar cheese soup
Thyme
Rosemary

Directions:
Put chicken in crockpot. Open both cans of soup and pour over chicken. Add about 1/2 can of water. Mix it up a bit. Sprinkle thyme and rosemary over top of chicken. As much or as little as you want. Cook on high for about 4-6 hours. This depends on the size of your chicken.


After it is cooked I usually take it out and debone it, but we have also just served it in pieces. The chicken will literally be falling off of the bones by this point so it is easy to get the meat. This is about as simple as it gets folks. Enjoy!

Chili Cheese Enchiladas:
Flour or corn tortillas--->As many as you need
Chili--->I use leftover chili that I freeze, but you can buy ready made chili
Cheddar or mexican blend cheese
Diced onions--->optional
Jalapenos---->optional

Directions:
Put chili in large pan and heat over low-medium heat. I actually add a little water to thin it a bit because you dip the totillas in it. Preheat the oven to 350 F. After chili is heated dip the tortilla in the chili to coat thoroughly. Put tortilla in a 9 x 13 dish and then take a spoonful of chili and put it in the tortilla. Sprinkle either cheddar or a mexican blend cheese over the chili. Wrap it up and then do another. Once I have all of the tortillas made I take whatever chili is left in the pot and pour it over the top of the enchiladas and then top with more cheese. Hubby and I both love diced onions on top of ours so I will put those too or even jalapenos. I usually bake them for about 10-15 minutes. It's really just to melt the cheese. That's all there is to it.


For more easy recipes, be sure to visit Rocks in my Dryer for Works for me Wednesday.

4 comments:

RainyPM said...

Hi there, I haven't been by in a while but I still remember your egg post. :) I can't wait to try out your chili-cheese enchilada recipe. Maybe without the jalapenos though, we're kind of wimpy around here.

Gina said...

The chili-cheese enchiladas sound great! I can't wait to try this!

Chappyswife said...

These sound delicious! Thank you!

The Momster said...

Don't you just love how handy the crockpot is? I think I should make that my goal - to use it more often. BTW, this sounds delicious - like we're gonna eat it this weekend - delicious :)