Pages

Friday, July 25, 2008

Great deals at Target and Albertson's this week!

So, the sales have been a little dry lately but this week more than makes up for it. I have hit up target and Albie's this week and I still have quite a bit more shopping to do at Albertson's befor the 2 week mega sale ends. I can't forget CVS and Walgreen's either. I have given away so many bottles of Pro Vive this week. Of course we did keep a few for ourselves.

My first stop was Target to use all those great Electrasol coupons that I had. I was able to get 40 boxes of Electrasol. I have already given some away to help other people save a bit of money, but I should have enough to last me till the end of the year. I only have 30 pictured, but that was after I started giving away a few.

Total before coupons $111.60 + tax. Total after coupons $20.60.

My second stop this week was Albertson's for their mega sale. I still have at least 4-5 more transactions to do. I will have 35 more Powerades, 10 bags of frozen veggies, 10 more cans of Hormel, 10 more sour creams, and 15 more mustards. Oh and a few South Beach drinks. All for less than $5.00 OOP. Here's what i've picked up so far.

Total before coupons and promotions $96.20. Total after coupons $4.00 OOP.



Total savings between the two stores was $183.20. I should be well stocked after this in a few things. Anyone need any mustard? :-)

14 comments:

Jenna said...

Fantastic job!! I love all your symmetrical organizing, LOL.

Anonymous said...

How did you get the Electrosal so cheap. Our store did not have any special on that. I have the Electrosal copon but I don't see how everyone is getting it so cheaply. I need one box of this stuff!

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Jenna, that was actually the girls that did that. lol They love to help mom.

anonymous, that is the regular price of Electrasol at our store. I know some Target stores have had theirs for $3.00 or more. Sorry.

Lisa said...

I bought my Electrasol at Family Dollar. I had 5 coupons and theirs were priced $2.25 so all I paid OOP was $0.79. Wish I had as many coupons as you did! LOL

lindsay_2181 said...

hmm do you freeze the sour cream? and about the electrasol, i have sooo much of that stuff, i just opened the first box the other day and to my suprise they were INDIVIDUALLY wrapped...ugh! i didn't know that, have been using up my supply of cascade ones that are just loose in the bag. this will be fun lol!

Rachael said...

Hi Teresa, you have probably mentioned this somewhere already, but I was wondering if you would mind mentioning where you get all those coupons? I know there are coupon clipping sites you can order from and was wondering if you do that (and if you do if you'd recommend it?)

Thanks!

Patty said...

Hi, where do you get so many coupons?

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Hey guys. I have gotten some of my coupons from ebay. You can also get them from coupon clippers.
You have to be careful though because the price of the really hot coupons can get expensive. If you're spending too much on your coupons you're really not saving much money.
Most of my coupons that I want to get alot of I trade for on hotcouponworld.com. I like the fact that I trade coupons I have for coupons I need. No money spent OOP that way and both parties get what they need.
By the way if any of you have coupons that you need you can always email me. I love to trade!

Lisa, our family dollar did not have the 20 count size. Only the 12 count. Would have been nice if they did. You're lucky!

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Hey Lindsay, I do not freeze the sourcream. I don't think it would thaw well. We just eat it very quickly. We go through one of the small ones in one sitting :-)
I love how the Electrasol is individually wrapped.

Melissa said...

teresa

that is just awesome! i cannot believe those two trips. esp Albie's - $4?!!

i was thinking about getting the electrosal coupons on coupon clippers but they are super expensive right now.

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Those electrasol coupons are really expensive right now. So are the Powerade ones. That's why i've been trading. There is no way I could afford to buy them. MAybe you can try that.

Jenna said...

I REALLY want to get in on all of the savings, but I am SO confused!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one. I've been reading this sight for several months now, but I can't figure out how to make it work. Also, can you please do a post on all of the abbreviations you use?
Just call me frugally challenged:)

Southerner said...

the link to why ask why was not a good link- it went to someplace very inappropriate. Thanks for the info. I recently found your blog.

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

This is the correct link to follow. If it doesn't work. Just lt me know. www.carlie-whyaskwhy.blogspot.com/