Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

A few good deals from Target and Walgreen's


Since having Anna almost 2 weeks ago I haven't been able to get out and do any shopping. I have actually missed out on a few great deals due to not being able to get out. So tonight my hubby and I, along with Anna, decided to make a little mini date out of our shopping trip. I know, we're so romantic.

Our first stop was Target. Eventhough we are not huge cereal fans here I will buy a few boxes as treats when I get a really good deal. Target has that really good deal on cereal this week. Buy 4 boxes of Kellogg's cereal at $10.00 and get a $5.00 giftcard. We ended up doing 3 transactions.

Target:
Transaction #1:
4 boxes of Rice Krispies with Strawberries - $10.76
- 4/$1.00 Q's

Total after coupons was $6.88 and I received a $5.00 giftcard

Transaction #2:
4 boxes of Raisin Bran crunch - $10.00
- $5.00 giftcard

Total after Q's was $5.10 and I received another $5.00 giftcard

Transaction #3:
6 Cattleman's BBQ sauce - $7.50
4 bags of Archer Farm chips - $6.76
-6/$.75 Cattleman's Q's
-4/$1.00 Archer Farm chips Q's
-$5.00 giftcard

Total after Q's $.97

Total I would have spent for all of this would have been $35.00.
Total OOP was $13.00. Plus I have a try me free MIR for the Rice Krispies and the Cattleman's!

Walgreen's:
Stop #2 was Walgreen's. I had to get in on the Dixie Plates deal. They are 2/$3.79. I had a $3.00/2 coupon that Carlie shared with me. Thanks, Carlie! I was able to get 4 packs of dixie plates for $2.18 OOP plus I have another $3.00 coupon to do another deal if I want to tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have a really great CVS deal planned out. If they have everything I need I will pay nothing OOP and gain $8.00 in ECB's. Crossing my fingers that they have everything I need!

7 comments:

Carlie Faulk said...

I hope you aren't looking for those stupid toothbrushes (rolling my eyes) I can't find them ANYWHERE!

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

I've given up on those. :-)

Cajunchic said...

Hey! I was just sitting here wondering how you were doing. Where did you find the Archer's Farm chip coupons? they have some organic chips that Tori can have.

Your dates sound very similar to hubby and my dates.

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Hey Nicole, to find the chip coupon go here. Just scroll down the page until you see the coupon. You can print as many as you want and they don't expire until 7/16!

Frugal Musings said...

You did great! BTW, I really enjoy your blog. Congratulations on your little one.

Anonymous said...

Walgreens has a good deal this week. Diapers are on sale for 5.99 and with the saver coupon (2 per coupon) it knocks them down to $3 and change. Plus, if you purchase 3 packs instead of 2 you get back a $5 coupon at the register.

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Yes, that is a great deal! Right now I have 2 little ones in diapers, so I can always use diapers. Thanks!