Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

CVS diaper deal!

I am always needing diapers so I get quite excited when CVS runs a diaper deal where I can earn ECB's. I always try to have a low OOP and earn back close to as many ECB's as i'm spending. Here is a pretty good scenerio that I came up with that does just that. It does require 2 seperate transactions though.

Transaction #1
1 Pampers diapers ($7.99)
1 Pampers wipes ($2.99)
1 Listerine smart rinse ($3.49)
1 Brut deoderant 2.5 oz ($3.19)

Total before coupons = $17.66

Coupons used
-$5/$15 CVS coupon
-$1.00 Brut coupon
-$1.00 Listerine smart rinse coupon
-$2/2 Pampers coupon

Total after coupons = $8.66
-$8.00 in ECB's or as close to it as possible
Total OOP = $.66 + tax
Earn back $6.49 in ECB's $3.00 from the Brut and $3.49 from the Listerine Smart Rinse.

Transaction #2
Repeat above transaction except this time you will also earn back $11.49 in ECB's from the Pamper's deal.

Total ECB's spent = $16.00
Total ECB's earned = $17.98

Money Saving Mom has more good scenerios that you can do. I always like to check to see what she has come up with.

*Note: The $5/$15 is now expired! I'm sorry, it was good while it lasted though, right? Anyways, there are still 2 $3/$15's that we have access to. You can visit my friend Carlie's blog to find out how to get one. Eventhough you won't make $2.00 in ECB's off the deal, you only lose $2.00 in ECB's. It's still not a bad deal for diapers!*

8 comments:

Erin said...

Good combination! I'm going to try the pampers deal today and want to spend as little oop as possible.
Thanks!

Candace @ A Garden of Blessings said...

I haven't been hitting CVS much lately, but I may have to get some diapers!

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Candace, CVS hasn't been that great lately but I couldn't pass up a good deal on diapers either. :-)

I still need to work out my deal on the paper towels and toilet paper.

I'm just excited not to be getting more toothpaste and razors. I've been giving away as much as I can and still have a ton of these!

The Happy Housewife said...

This is a great deal. Where did you get the $5/15 coupon? I always need diapers.
Toni
The Happy Housewife
http://happytobeathome.net

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Hey Toni,

I'm afraid to say that the $5/$15 is expired! They do still have a few $3/$15's out there that you can use. It's not as good of a deal, but you still only lose $2.00in ECB's.

I'm gonna go ahead and post instructions on how to get the $3/$15 for anyone who wants it.

Cajunchic said...

I hope you are feeling ok. we are praying for you.

Jesabella said...

You said there us 2 3/15 coupons out there. I found the one at MOney saving mom. DO you know where the other is? Thanks!!!!

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

jesabella, there was a $3/$15 offered in the online edition of the Washington Post a few weeks ago. It is like the same one they are doing with this new $3/$15. Sign up for a free trial and then you can download the coupon. I don't know if you can still take advantage of the offer since the coupon expires on the 5th.

cajunchic, I am going to email you!