Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Calling for help on a blog design!


Maybe it's just because i'm so tired today, or because I have a million things running around in my head, (I feel another list coming), but I have given up on Photoshop CS3. I have been trying to figure out how to work the dumb program for a few weeks now, but I am waving my white flag. As painful for me as this is to say, I concede to defeat.

My goal from the beginning was to design my own blog. I am one who likes new projects, so I figured that after reading up on it, and doing a few tutorials that I would have a page to wow everyone with. As you can see though, I still have the basic boring blogger template.

So now I am calling for help. Can any of you can recommend a good designer? I need someone to at least design a new header and matching color theme for me. Or if you are a designer yourself, please leave a comment or email me. Now I am cheap, but I do realize this will cost money, unless of course someone needs a huge stash of stuff from CVS....just kidding!

Just so you know, I will eventually master CS3. I never give up, i'm just impatient.

7 comments:

Evelyn said...

read moneysavingmom.com. She posted this same problem a few days ago.

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Yes, I did see that, but I thought she was calling for high-end designers. I will have to go and check it out to see what I can find. Thanks!

Nisrine said...

Hey Teresa,
I might be able to help but can't promise you anything. I have a degree in Computer Engineering but they havent taught us about design. Now I think I can help you figure out how to make it work BUT I AM NOT CREATIVE. meaning I ll just help you in figurin out how to make it work but no design (I m really bad, Dont even know how to sew). Email me thru the acadiana moms febr0002

Foxy5 said...

My husband redesigned my header for me. He took some classes on web design, maybe he could do something for you? I'm sure he could do it for a good deal. Email me at foxyfoxfamily at gmail dot com if you are interested.

Deb said...

A friend of mine who visits your blog here told me you were looking for some design help. I might be able to if you're interested. I actually do web site design for a living but don't know much about blogs. I use Photoshop Master Suite so I could probably do some graphics stuff inexpensively - depending on what you're looking for.

Missy said...

Hey- Just found your blog recently and I love it! My husband is a graphic designer. I bet he could come up with some stuff for you. What were you looking to do exactly? (My blog is NOT an example of his work.)
Email me if you want at schoenhardt11@hotmail.com

Teresa @ A Life At Home said...

Hey Deb and missy, thanks so much for offering. I have actually gotten a few local offers so I think I might try that avenue first. Crossing my fingers that it works out!
Missy, i'm glad you enjoyed my blog, thanks!